Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mommy's Day Out

Last Friday night and Saturday, Jon watched Jeremiah while I got to go hang out with other grown-ups at a Women's Slumber Party for our church. It was a fun night of talking, laughing, eating--and oh, yeah, there was some "spiritual" stuff thrown in there as well. We heard a couple of really good testimonies about how God had worked in two women's lives, as well as devotionals about having an undivided heart when it comes to serving God and having heart attitudes that are pleasing to God.

I had been hoping to get a full night's sleep, but that was not to be. It had more to do with the high school hockey team staying on our floor than the women talking late into the night.

Of course, Jon and Jeremiah got along just fine, as I knew they would. It was nice to have the break, though, and to go 24 hours without getting spit-up on my clothes. But I was ready to come home and hang out with my guys.

These pictures aren't from the slumber party. But I know those aren't the kind of pictures that visitors to this blog want to see anyway. All I hear when I talk to the grandparents are "keep those pictures coming" and "more pictures please." So, here you go.

And I have an exciting announcement that I've been dying to share for the last couple of months--I'm going to be an aunt! Yes, I already have two nephews, but now there will be another niece or nephew on the other side of the family. My brother and his wife are expecting their first child in August, about a week before Jeremiah's first birthday. So far, mom-to-be is doing good, and we're all excited to welcome this new little one when he or she decides to make an appearance.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thank you thank you for the wonderful pictures (again) I hate not getting to see Jeremiah more often. And what wonderful news about your brother! That is SO EXCITING!!

Anonymous said...

what beautiful pictures. He sure
is a beautiful baby. great grandma