Saturday, May 24, 2008

Books

Anyone who knows me knows that I love books. If I have some free time on my hands, my preferred method of spending it is to curl up with a good book. I consider going to the library a treat. And if I'm really splurging, I'll go to Barnes and Noble, get a drink and dessert and sit and read. Sometimes I've even finished the entire book in the store.

That's why I'm thrilled that Jeremiah really likes books. He loves for us to read to him, and he'll also lay on the floor and look at books on his own. Sometimes they might be upside down, but hey, he's still looking at a book, right?

Some of Jeremiah's favorites right now include Goodnight Moon, The Big Red Barn; Cowboy Small; The Barnyard Dance; Llama, Llama; Red Pajama; Is Your Mama a Llama?; and My Little Word Book. When he really likes a book, he'll lean his whole body up against you, completely relaxed, and just watch each page intently as you read.

I hope this love of books continues for a long, long time. I can't think of a better way for him to learn and grow his imagination.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh does this do a book lovin grandma's heart good! He has good taste in books already! Awesome.