Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Swimming, Clapping, and Other Fun Stuff




Jon was home on Monday, so we decided to take Jeremiah to our neighborhood swimming pool for the first time. It was a really nice day, in the mid-80s, so we thought it would be perfect.


Jeremiah thought otherwise. He didn't really cry, but he did make lots of whimpering "I'm not so sure about this" sounds. The water was not nearly as warm as his bath, which he loves to play in, so I can understand why. The pool is a zero entry pool, so we could just walk in with him and gradually go into the water. He liked it much better when Dad was holding him--that way he could be farther out of the water.




Jeremiah also had another "first" yesterday--he started to clap his hands. The way he does it, it almost looks like he's giving himself five, but hey, whatever works.






The other fun stuff going on? Playing in the new toy box that Dad built, going to a park for a few minutes before it started to rain, playing chase down the hall, and for Mom and Dad, consistently sleeping through the night.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

A big "Woooo-hoooo" for sleeping through the night! But I'm also in awe of that toy box. I've been begging Jason to build one for the basement. He might have to get a few pointers. Does it have a lid?

Sue said...

Wow We're going to have to work on filling up that toy box... or maybe he will learn to sort and stack toys right away so they're neatly found when wanted!

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah,you have neat swimming trunks!!! I like the toy box too; you can play in it with all your toys. Good job, Jon!

theKband said...

Sleeping is soooo nice....Congrats!