Food is such an important part of our daily lives--at least it is for me. Sometimes I know I get too much of it, especially that which isn't necessarily good for me. Everything in moderation, right?
This last weekend with Jon's family, we split up who would be responsible for different meals, and let me just say we ate quite well. We had pizza, ice cream, chocolate cake, cinnamon rolls, blueberry French toast, shish-kabobs with steak, chicken and grilled vegetables, turkey, mashed potatoes, brownies, pita chips with hummus or salsa and cream cheese. Yummm. Are you hungry yet?
One thing we had that I'd never eaten before was grilled fruit. Let me tell you if you've never done this, you need to! It is delicious, it only took 4 minutes on the grill, and it's also good for you. A win-win situation.
I also made a flourless chocolate cake so my nephew Isaiah, who's allergic to wheat, could eat dessert along with the rest of us. My mother-in-law and sisters-in-law asked for the recipe, so I thought I would post a link to it here. It's called the Ultimate Flourless Chocolate Cake, and it was super easy.
So, happy eating whatever you're dining on tonight. For us, it's turkey-cranberry salad with pita chips and fudge souffle with Cool Whip.
No comments:
Post a Comment