It's almost 8 o'clock, and I just finished the dishes after putting one extremely wound-up boy to bed. From the time he finished supper to the time he went to bed, he pretty much just ran up and down the hall. Every so often, he'd turn around to look at me as if saying, "C'mon, Mom. Chase me!" So I did. Up and down the hall. Into the living room. Around the kitchen. Tickling, laughing, carrying my "sack of potatoes." It was fun.I don't do the chase game as well as Dad does, but he's out of town--in sunny Miami, no less, while we enjoy highs of 20 degrees! Jeremiah is at the age now where he misses Jon more. He wakes up saying, "Da-ddy!" and goes to look for him. The longer trips like this one (Tuesday through Saturday) are hard on all three of us. But we get to talk on the phone several times a day and that helps.
It also helps on our end to get out of the house if we can. So this morning we had a play date with the Thelander twins from church. Braden and Conner are 4 months older than Jeremiah. They played together very well, and it was fun to watch them teach some new games to Jeremiah. Since there are two of them, they can do things at home that Jeremiah can't--like one climbs into a cupboard and the other closes the door. They knock, giggle, and change places. Jeremiah liked the climbing in part, but he didn't always like having the door closed on him.
And along that same theme of twins, we went to the hospital to see my friend Tonya who just had a twin boy and girl on Monday. Leah and Canaan are still in the NICU, so we didn't get to see them since Jeremiah was with me. But I know we'll see them lots. Their older brother Caleb is almost 2 and is a favorite playmate of Jeremiah's.
It's quiet in the back bedroom now. My energetic little one has finally fallen asleep. But I know tomorrow he'll wake up raring to go. And I'll need to be on my toes to keep up with him!
P.S. The pictures have nothing to do with our day. They were taken during Thanksgiving at my parents' house. (The one picture is of Jeremiah and his cousin Kaylee.) But since we haven't posted in so long, I thought I'd put them up.

No comments:
Post a Comment