Here's a camping story from our camping trip two weeks ago. Wow, time flies! Anyway, Friday night a thunderstorm rolled through the campground. Jeremiah and I (Jon) were in our friend's camper. They had air conditioning and it was over 90 degrees that day. We had been trying to get Jeremiah to go to sleep for a couple of hours, to no avail. The lightning and thunder got closer and closer. Then we had a bolt of lightning that seemed to be just feet away. I could see the bright light even though the camper shades were all drawn. Instantly with the the bolt of lightning was a clap of thunder louder than I have ever heard. It sounded like a loud explosion going off. It made those loud booming firecrackers, you hear on the Fourth of July, sound like a toy drum.
I must have done alright with my reaction because Jeremiah studied my face for about ten seconds. Then he pointed his arm and hand out towards the direction of the lightning and simply said, "Noise."
No comments:
Post a Comment