Monday, October 19, 2009

The Croup

So, we're officially the proud owners of our own nebulizer now. Jeremiah has the croup, again. He had it a few times last spring (always on a holiday weekend, of course). We did some neb treatments at the urgent care center and then rented a nebulizer. Then he went all summer without needing it, so we gave it back.

But last night, he started coughing a lot, which turned into wheezing mid-day today. I managed to get in to our doctor's office and they diagnosed it as "a cold and the croup." Thankfully, not H1N1, though I didn't really think it was that.

I'm supposed to give him a treatment in about 5 minutes. The nurse said just to do it while he slept. Hmm. Since I just got him settled down and almost asleep, I think I'll wait just a little bit longer. And then I'm supposed to do it again in the middle of the night. We'll see if the boy sleeps through any of it. I have my doubts.

No comments: