Jeremiah and I went shopping today. We're attending a baby shower later this week--a combined one for Jeremiah and another pilot's little boy who was born the day after Jeremiah--and we needed a gift. There are so many cute kids' clothes out there. Of course, some of the cutest had hefty price tags attached. (Why pay $30 for a 0-3 month sweater when the child will barely wear it?) Jeremiah is just starting to wear some of the 3-6 month clothes that people have given him, like the outfit in this picture that came from his great aunt and uncle and cousins in Chicago. They definitely have cuter clothes for kids than when I was little. When I look back at some of my childhood photos, I often wonder, "Mom, what were you thinking?" The below photo of me in the green and orange polyester pantsuit is a prime example.

When I've expressed my thoughts to my mother, she always responds with, "But that's what was in style back then." I guess that's what I get for growing up in the '70s.
And now I wonder if what I consider to be cute today will be the cause of Jeremiah saying down the road, "Mom, what were you thinking putting me in that outfit?" And I'll respond, "But that's what was in style back then."
And now I wonder if what I consider to be cute today will be the cause of Jeremiah saying down the road, "Mom, what were you thinking putting me in that outfit?" And I'll respond, "But that's what was in style back then."
2 comments:
LOL! I think I had an outfit very similar. Mine was blue and red, though.
whoa! Even to my old eyes your outfit hurts! But you have a cute smile....
Post a Comment