Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend in Orange City

This weekend, we went to Jon's parents in Orange City, IA. Jon then went on to his uncle's, along with his brother, dad, and others, to partake in a guys' weekend of paint ball, trap shooting, and camping out. Jeremiah and I stayed in the nice warm house, thank you very much, with Jon's mom. Jon's sister-in-law, Kristin, was there too with our nephews Isaiah and Phinehas.

It was definitely a hopping place to be with three boys all 3 and under. Jeremiah got to crawl all over, fascinated with his older cousins. There was lots of laughter, lots of tears, some spilled dirt, a broken pinwheel, and lots of fun. Here are just a few things you might have overheard if you were a fly on the wall:

  • Jeremiah, that's a no-touch!
  • Phin, put Grandpa and Grandma down! (their picture, that is, not their persons)
  • Can I have a snack? What are we having for (breakfast, snack, lunch, supper)? (Isaiah)
  • Phin, get your bottom out of the fireplace.
  • I just love House Hunters.

There were lots of other funny things that I know people said, especially the kids,but my mind is drawing a blank right now. Probably due to the several times that Jeremiah was up every night. He does not do well when we travel. However, he also just got a new tooth, so I suppose that had something to do with it. All in all, it was a good weekend. But we're glad to be home to sleep in our own beds!

2 comments:

theKband said...

I hope that Jeremiah is sleeping much better now that he's in his own bed--he was such a trooper putting up with his big cousins!

Sue said...

You can NOT imagine how quiet it is here. TOO quiet if you ask me.I love this place hopping. Let's have more of it. More dirt on the carpet and maybe we'll get a new one.... oh wait, then I would be telling ya'all not to spill.