Thursday, June 25, 2009

Random Jeremiah Moments

Sue often tells Kristin and I that we need to write down things that the boys say and do. We may think now that we'll remember them forever, but it's too easy to forget, even a few weeks or months down the road.

So with that in mind, here are a few random things that Jeremiah has said and done the last few days.
  • When he got put in timeout and I told him not to get up from his rocking chair, he waited until my back was turned and then moved the chair to be where he wanted and never got up. Now I have to be a bit more specific with my instructions.
  • He woke up early from his nap the other day to the sound of an airplane flying over. He said, "Ai-plane," immediately followed by, "Daddy."
  • We've been reading Blueberries for Sal this week, and I told him that this little girl was helping her mommy pick blueberries just like he helped Daddy and I pick raspberries. I pointed out the pictures of her sitting and just eating the blueberries off a bush and her getting a big handful from her mother's bucket. Jeremiah has always eaten one or two raspberries as we've picked them off our bush in the backyard. But that night, Jon said he ate so many more off the bush and kept getting handfuls out of Jon's basket and eating them. I guess he was paying attention to the book!
  • That same boy who will eat raspberries off the bush refused to eat them off his plate tonight. Sigh . . .
  • When we said goodbye to Jon before he went to work, I said, "Say, 'I love you, Daddy.'" Jeremiah said, "I love you" for the first time in his garbled toddler language.
  • Jeremiah jammin' out to "Axel F" and "Chicken Fried" playing on the computer.
Oh what an energetic, bouncing, exploring, getting-into-trouble-one-minute and being-so-sweet-you-can't-stand-it-the-next boy!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Can't wait to see him and get all these cousins together! hmmm...I think there will be a picture in all that.

theKband said...

Oh man, just think of all these boys together this weekend...I bet there will be perfect obedience all the way around, right?? I'm so excited to see Jeremiah!! (and you guys, of course, too)