From Jeremiah:- "Kay-kay." Cousin Kaylee, who's here for a visit.
- "Up, up, up," as we pass by garage doors on a walk around the neighborhood.
- "Me!" meaning, "I will open the door for Maggie/go down the stairs/kiss my owie myself!
- "Poopy." Can refer to a dirty diaper or the "fun" game of looking for Maggie's deposits in the backyard.
- "Jay Jay." Means, "I want to watch only the opening theme song of Jay, Jay the Jet Plane, and then I'm done." I think that of the 7,200 views of this YouTube video, over 200 of them are ours.
- "Daddy," as he points to the iron. I really do iron . . . sometimes.
- "Owie" as he points to a bit of a fingernail/toenail that needs trimmed, or as he pats my shoulder and kisses it. What a sweet boy!
- "Oh my!" Also refers to a dirty diaper. Evidently I've said this a few times as I've changed his pants.
- "Me-ma." Means "camera," which must be taken out and used when he puts on our shoes, plays the piano, wrestles with Daddy, etc.
- "Mommy! Daddy!" Heard multiple times throughout the day, but never more frequent as when he's just gone to bed.
From us:
- "Jeremiah, don't climb on that/pull that out/open the fridge/throw that toy . . ." You get the picture.
- "Yay, Jeremiah." Used for eating more than one bite of a particular food or even more recently, when he goes to the bathroom in the toilet like a big boy.
- "It's not time to get up yet, Jeremiah. Just lay in bed and talk to your puppies." Heard almost every morning anywhere from 6:15 to 7.
- "Wow, we're tired." I can't imagine why. Can you?
1 comment:
Ah, the sounds of parenthood...
Post a Comment