Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jeremiah's Like List

As Jeremiah approaches the big "1" it's been fun to watch his personality develop and take note of what he likes and what he does not. At this point, there are more things in the first category, which include:


∙ Pushing chairs around the kitchen

∙ Climbing on anything he can find. Last week he was in my Sunday School room with me as I was getting ready. I turned around for a second, and when I turned back, he was sitting on top of a Little Tykes picnic table.

  • Maggie. Just seeing her makes him laugh. She usually comes with me into his room when I get him up in the morning, and he squeals in delight when he sees her.

  • His daddy. Yes, he loves his mommy, too, but Jeremiah is definitely a daddy's boy. When Jon goes in another room and shuts the door, Jeremiah stands outside and cries and cries. He's not very happy when Jon has to leave for work, either.



  • His stuffed Weimaraner--a mini-Maggie, if you will. I don't know if that's why he loves this toy so much, but he does. He'll hug and cuddle with it, and rarely pays attention to his other stuffed animals. It's fun to watch him lie on his back on the floor with the toy dog pressed up to his face.

  • Baths. Jeremiah loves to splash and play in the tub. He also likes to stand up and play with the faucet. Last night, Jon was giving him a bath, and Jeremiah turned the shower on while the water was running. It scared him, and he definitely did not like that!

  • Walks. It hasn't been as hot lately, so I've been taking him and the dog on more walks. He will squeal and laugh at things as we go by. Don't ask me what, though. I haven't figured that out yet.

  • Watching older kids play. Jeremiah loves to stand at our front window and watch our neighbor kids play outside. We'd join them, but they always go out in the evening right before his bedtime.

  • Jammin' out to music. Jeremiah likes to bounce up and down now whenever we have the radio on. A few weeks ago, we were at a praise concert in a park, and he bopped up and down while in his stroller.

I could go on, but I thought this would give whoever reads this a little glimpse of Jeremiah. It's amazing how much he's grown and changed. He's getting better at playing by himself. The last several days he's entertained himself by playing with our tennis shoes (dragging them around by the shoelaces), bungee cords, a cardboard wrapping paper tube, pots and pans, and books. Makes me wonder why we bought him a new toy for his birthday!

In other news, we're gearing up for his first of two birthday parties this Saturday. Jon's parents and a few friends are coming over. Tomorrow's my big baking day. I'll be cooking three kinds of cake (two cupcakes and one rubber ducky cake) and some mini quiches. Jon's folks get here tomorrow night, and then his mom and I will go to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning before the party. It's going to be a busy weekend, but one full of fun.

3 comments:

theKband said...

Wish we could be there! We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a great party, and the pictures were so good. Wish I could have been there, too, but you sure had plenty of company.
Love, AZ g-grandma

Anonymous said...

What a great party, and the pictures were so good. Wish I could have been there, too, but you sure had plenty of company.
Love, AZ g-grandma