Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kaylee

Yesterday, we had a very important shopping trip we had to make. You see, our neice, Kaylee Del Wilson, was born yesterday at 12:48 p.m. and it was imperative that we go shopping!

Kaylee was a couple of weeks early, but she was still pretty good size. She weighed 6 lbs. 15 3/4 oz. and was 19 inches long. Her dad, my brother Dusty, said she didn't have a lot of hair, and what there is of it is light. Her mom, Brandee, had a long, hard labor and hopefully can get lots of rest now while other people wait on her hand and foot.

Dusty and Brandee combined several family members' names to come up with Kaylee Del. Kay is Brandee's mom's middle name; Lee is Dusty's middle name; and the Del comes from my dad's name, Delwin. This is actually the third person who has been named after my dad. That's quite an honor!

I haven't seen any pictures of Kaylee yet, as my parents were in such a rush to get to the hospital, they forgot their camera. I'm sure there will be at least a few in the future. And we won't get to see her for 3 weeks yet. Sigh. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I want to warn you--Jeremiah will have a major growth spurt in three weeks! Once you hold that little baby, play with her tiny fingers, marvel at her tiny fingernails, gaze into her little eyes and admire her tiny ears, you will see Jeremiah with fresh eyes. He will never have seemed to grow so much as he will in those few moments. I've been amazed by this each time it has happened to me.

Congratulations to Dusty and Brandee!